Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Festivities

Ben's broken foot has really limited us on what we can get out and do... but he can ride his bike... so we went out for a lovely bike ride in ideal fall weather.
Can anyone find Caroline in this picture??
On the way home we stopped by a Catholic church and bought these flowers... vendors are selling them everywhere in anticipation for All Saints Day when the Poles decorate the graves. And no, Ben has not gained 50 pounds, that's just the wind blowing through his sweatshirt.
Daddy! It's a Q! What Emily exclaimed when Ben gave her this malformed pancake. I have to admit she's a smart cookie.
I know I already posted pics last week of the beautiful fall colors in Ujazdowski Park (no, I don't know how to pronounce it), but I went walking again with the nordic track group (that's what they call themselves because they walk with nordic poles) and I couldn't help taking more... so bear with me.
Em stretching with the nordic walkers
Mums everywhere! When we first arrived the parks were filled with red roses and geraniums. Now there are mums everywhere... it's so beautiful!
And this flower... not sure what it is but it sure is beautiful!





This is the street in front of the embassy. The embassy is on the right, behind the black fence. The actual building is not post worthy... it's quite the ugly building, even voted the most ugly building in Warsaw by the Poles. Ouch!
Halloween night... ok, I am a total lame mom and thought up and made Emily's costume about 30 minutes before going trick-or-treating. It's a pillowcase with the face and arms cut out and she's supposed to be a ghost. I know, so original. But she loved it! Hey, whatever works.
She looks a little spooked herself

3 comments:

  1. I love the halloween costume! Especially because Em totally looks like she is posing for it! I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polish sausage picture is classic! We need some Bears fans in the background. Poland looks so nice. So many flowers and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ben and Miranda. This is your cousin Lindsay! Randy has some family friends that our moving to Poland for a construction job and I was telling them how I had family that moved there. They have three little boys and are a really fun family. I was wondering if you mind if I gave them your blog address to look at the pictures of Poland. Do you mind?

    Hope all is well with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete