Friday, February 18, 2011

Catching Up

I don't have much to blog about... winter has been kind of a drag. Ben left town Wednesday and will be gone for 3 weeks, embedded with the Illinois National Guard who are training Polish troops about to deploy to Afghanistan. He left just as Caroline and Emily were getting sick. Go figure. So, we've been cooped up in the house. Here are some pics from the past few weeks...

Emily, working on a craft project. (Huge Disclaimer: the furniture in the background is EMBASSY furniture. We get what we get, it's not my personal taste!)
Why does every meal have to be such a production?

Polish food beginning to takes it toll on Emily... j/k. She's just making a weird face. Ben took these pics because we realized that he had put her dress on backwards, but not until AFTER we got home from church
Typical Sunday afternoon, relaxing after church. Why does church wipe you out so much?
Em with her backwards dress
Caroline is a TOTAL mama's girl. I look a little rough, it's my after church look. I'm sure many of you can realte.

As I was going through the pictures on the camera I came across these. Em's new thing is to take pictures of herself when we're not around. Blair Witch anyone?
I'm actually quite embarrassed her face is this messy. Is she really that neglected?

And the midsection of our Sunday dinner guest. Very nice Emily.


Presenting to you, the many faces of Sweet Caroline:
Focused

Gleeful
Curious
Meditative
Suspicious
Baffled

Cranky (one of her more common looks)
Distracted
Austere

Irresistible
And lest we forget her partner in crime...
And the finished project

2 comments:

  1. How did you get her to do all those faces in one sitting? LOVED THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we've made those colorful noodles before! Savanna loves dying noodles and I love the fact that she stays busy forever gluing them onto paper.

    "After church look"....that made me laugh out loud! I think I have that look about 10 minutes into sacrament. Church is so fun.

    Your girls are dang cute. I can't decide who Emily looks like, but Caroline looks like Ben in these pictures. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete