Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yesterday Ben and I went on a 7 mile hike at Garrapata State Park.  You see, we are preparing for a trip to Kauai next week where we will be hiking the Napali Coast Line!!  All in all we will be doing about 15 miles in two days.  We're pretty pumped.  

Here are some amazing pics from our trial run:







And this is just ten miles from our house!




Can you see Hwy. 1 down there?


These pics turned out a little hazy, I guess because I was using my camera phone... they don't really do it justice!




So, Ben totally biffed it.  In all fairness, I think I got in his way.  We were going down a steep incline and he kind of tripped on my heel and lost his balance.  It was kind of funny because it took him a really long time to fall... you know he had almost hit the ground but kept trying to regain his footing and I was trying to catch him, but yeah, he ended up on his back in the bushes.  His 30 lb. pack didn't help.  

The California poppies in all their splendor


We came across this rowdy group.  They yelled to us, "Come on over!  Are you thirsty?  Come have a drink!"  So we went over and they were part of a "Tuesday night wine tasting/hiking club" or something like that.  Seriously.  They said they do this every Tuesday night.  This is why Californians are so chill.

Pacific Ocean


 



2 comments:

  1. Looks BEAUTIFUL! I wish we were going there instead of VEgas! Especially now that everyone has backed out and were the ones with the Vegas idea in the first place!....I'm a little bitter over the whole thing to be honest!
    Anyhow, what an adventure you are preparing for! Hawaii hiking at its best! Can't wait to hear all about it in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! You're going to Kauai?! I love that place more than I can stand! We have done that very hike and it is amazing. So so excited for you. Show us lots and lots of pics, ok? Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete