Sunday, May 5, 2013

To Market, To Market

Last week I ventured out to the downtown market with the girls.  ANYTIME I leave the base with the girls on my own is a huge accomplishment, just so you know.  Our base is close to the downtown area... we took the train in.  
 And it was great.  One thing I love about Europe is the markets... fresh food and fresh flowers.  Hey, if I can't have my own yard and garden, then this is the next best thing!
 They had lots of different flavored locally made jam.  We got the raspberry-peach and apple.  Mmmm..
 And strawberries galore
 And these are all different locally made honeys.  Who knew there could be such a variety?  
The little square where the market is held
One of the flower vendors gave the girls tulips




Soaking our feet in the nearby fountain
 Das Leben ist schön! (Life is good!) 




1 comment: