Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Graduation


Today Emily graduated from preschool.  Yes, that's right, PRESCHOOL.  I'm not sure she met all the rigorous requirements. After all, she only attended two months out of the nine month course. And she was about 45 minutes late every day (she is the slowest breakfast eater on the planet). But she still got the same "diploma" as the rest of the kids. 

I admit I think a graduation ceremony is a little over the top. If you think about it the term "preschool graduation" is a total oxymoron.  How can you graduate when you're not even in school yet? 
 I never went to preschool as a kid. And the first "graduation" I ever remember attending was my HIGH-SCHOOL  graduation. 
But whatever. Emily didn't even know what was going on. 
We still got really cute pictures and she had a good time eating cake. 


                                     As you can see the world's future is in good hands.

With her friend and neighbor Bridger.

And here I am in all my pregnancy glory. 

The after graduation party, well chaperoned by all the parents. Nothing too crazy happened except a kid got poked in the eye with a stick by another kid.  WILD.  


                                 And the blue frosting was out of control. Scary pic.

4 comments:

  1. so what exactly makes up the speeches in a preschool graduation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graduation started at 11 and was over at 11:08 if that gives you any indication. They recited the ABC's in German and sang a song that only about two kids knew the words to (this did not include Emily).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word they are adorable in their little caps and gowns :)!!!

    ReplyDelete