Friday, April 18, 2014

Tel Aviv!

Going for a morning run along the boardwalk

I know you're tired of all these "vacation" pictures.  Vacation is in quotation marks because traveling with children is anything but.  I like to call it a "trip."  So, I know you're tired of seeing pics from our "trip", but I have to post these for posterity's sake!  This is the last round, I promise, and there aren't so many this time.

Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel situated on the Mediterranean Sea.  We we were able to rent a little apartment on the beach and hang out for a few days.  If only it had been a little warmer… it was in the high sixties so not quite warm enough to really soak up the sun, but we went anyway. 


I loved going to their Carmel Market… a huge outdoor farmer's market and everything else under the sun market.  I went twice.  I bought fruit there.  We all partook.  Ben and I got sick to our stomachs, just as we were ready to travel home.  See entry about flying home.  Not fun.  

James' first trip to the beach… he was happy to just stay on my lap

Emily was in heaven building sand castles.  C is still not a fan of the sand.  Kind of hard when you're at the beach.


Finished product


Taken from our balcony 


Jaffa is a port town just a mile or so down the boardwalk.  We went for an evening stroll there.






Selfie by Ben (yes, I was sleeping)...  watching the sunrise from the balcony.  My favorite pic by far.


5 comments:

  1. Loved your posts. I'm kind of embarrassed but I always thought Tel Eviv was one word. So, thanks for clearing that up for me. Looks like it was as amazing as "vacations" can get when kids are in tow. I've always said the same thing about it being a trip and not a vacation! Either way, great experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Tel Aviv. See, I can't even spell it right after I just read it properly a whole bunch of times

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not tired of the pics, I'm jealous. I've lived in Tel Aviv for a few weeks and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's awesome is that you don't forego adventures because you have three children, and we are the beneficiaries since we get a virtual vacation without getting sick from the market melon! Thanks! And I love the selfie too...thanks for all of the posts regarding your wonderful trip(s); Pat and I never get tired of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James is adorable! And your "trip" pictures are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete