Sunday, February 7, 2016

Birthday Par-tay


One nice thing about having girls and about these girls getting a little older, is that this year they actually cared about making sure I had a nice birthday.  Caroline, who is the QUEEN of event planning, collaborated with her dad to ensure that this party was well planned and well executed.  The first thing you need, according to her, is a theme!  Caroline picked a snowman theme.  She was supposed to keep it a secret but I was able to extract it from her a week prior, no problem.  

Caroline, what kind of birthday party am I going to have?
I can't tell you!  It's a secret!
Ok, just give me a hint.  It's ok, you can give me a hint.
Ok, it's a snowman party

And, according to Emily, the most important thing about a party is the CAKE. Emily asked me several times leading up to the big day, what kind of cake I wanted to have.  I said, "I don't care, as long as it has some form of chocolate in it."  
She took this idea and ran with it… chocolate chip chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream it was!  When they were about to whip up some chocolate frosting, I said, "Um, how about we do some cream cheese frosting?"  There can  be too much of a good thing, you know?

I was banished to my room while they worked feverishly on the decorations. 

When I emerged this is what I found: 



My personal fave, the crepe paper decorations:




This is a great start… I'm assuming that it can only get better each year, right?


Just in case anyone was wondering how old I was turning… Thanks girls!



And of course, a big hats off to Ben who spent the majority of the day facilitating all the birthday craziness.  And he got me tickets to the opera… he's a good man!  

1 comment:

  1. I love that Caroline is already such an event planner. So darling! And I loved the decorations. I also think your Christmas photos were awesome.

    ReplyDelete