Sunday, August 28, 2016

Emily's Ballet

A shot Grandpa snuck as he went to pick her up from ballet practice.  

While we were in Germany, Emily and Caroline had the opportunity to participate in various after school activities.  Emily did a year of ballet, then a year of Irish step, and then a year again of ballet.  She loved both.  The 2015-2016 ballet courses culminated in an "Alice in Wonderland" production.  The various dance classes all participated… Em's class had just a small part but it was fun to see her in action.

Of course, the production was on June 1, the eve of our departure when I was in a frantic mess to get us all packed and ready to leave from Germany forever.  And of course it was on Patch, a 30 minute drive from RB, and of course it lasted over two hours. 

I remember that day was nuts.  For one last minute reason or another, I was on all four bases that day; that was unprecedented in my 3.5 years of living there. Ben had taken the kids to the auditorium on Patch while I did a last minute errand on Kelley, and traffic was horrendous getting back.  So, thankfully, another ballet mom took care of Em's hair for me. 
 I admit I skipped out after Em's part… I was a big ball of stress.  It was fun to attend though and as you'll see, Ben played his usual role as fanatic paparazzi father.  

He got some adorable shots.

She has the long lean physique that makes her the ideal ballerina… hopefully she can continue with it when we head to our next assignment. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment