Sunday, June 2, 2019

Cordoba's Patio Festival

Life is very busy and full here, especially now that we're down to our last year, I'm feeling like I have to cram everything in!  Por ejemplo, on a random Tuesday I took Cosette on the speed train down to Cordoba to see the patio festival... because I've never been and I knew this was my last chance to see it.  Crazy? yes.  Worth it? Absolutely. 


Cosette was actually a solid traveler on the almost two hour train ride.  She had a little purse with her little toys and kept herself very busy.  But, you have to remember, the train is the easy party.  First you have to take a cab to the cercanias station.  Then you have to take the cercanias to the main train station, book it to a whole different part of the station, go through security, find your platform and board to get to this point.  Then you can finally kick up your feet and relax. 



The festival is actually an annual contest among the residents of the city to see who can display the most beautiful patio... Flowers galore.  Patios are actually inner courtyards, designed to help keep the home cool in one of the hottest cities in Europe, and a place to have your own private little garden.  Most had little fountains or running water.

First annoying thing about this festival was that it ran from 11-2 pm and 6-10 pm (got to love Spain).  So yeah, we arrived at the station at 11:30 and had exactly 2.5 hours to see what we could.
Second annoying thing, everyone else in the world knows about the patio festival... so many dang tourists where ever we go. They are taking over the world!  (And yes, I realize I'm one of them but somehow prefer to see myself as not).



We had to wait in line a half an hour just to see this patio.  And there were a ton of patios.  I knew we couldn't continue to roll like this, so we took a cab over to a less busy part of the city where we had much better luck.
This is how Cosette feels about getting her pic taken over and over

Tourists, go away please







The next part of the city had patios that had more variety and were just gorgeous in my opinion.  We were able to hit 6-7 with no problem before time ran out.  And of course, pictures don't do them justice.

This was my very favorite one:  It was huge and the bougainvillea was stunning.  
















Cozy was so done getting her pic taken









r



















I think it's safe to say you got the idea.








No comments:

Post a Comment