Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Utah!!

A couple weekends ago I had the opportunity to go to Utah to my sister's wedding. When she first got engaged I was a little overwhelmed at the prospect of having to make a special weekend trip around the world without my kids... but NOW I am so grateful that I had the little break! Really, I love my kids, but every mom needs a break. And don't be mad if I didn't call any of you, my friends, I was only there for just a couple days!First, we had to make sure my dad was invited to the wedding. We left him some vibrant flowers that were Bonnie's colors. I had not visited my dad since the funeral, so I'm glad I had the chance to go. I know he was there with us on my sister's wedding day!

The magnificent Salt Lake City temple where the ceremony took place


My handsome younger brothers and their wives

Bonnie, exiting the temple after the ceremony. Does she look pumped or what?
She had the most beautiful wedding dress I've ever seen. I wish I got a closer pic of the veil... it was gorgeous.
My handsome four brothers... um... they obviously didn't consult on who was wearing the colors to the temple and who wasn't...
My mom and little sister Mary and my little nieces, the flower girls
My nephews, hiding out from the rain
My mom and the four girls. Ok, someone tell me, are black nylons out of style? I wear them all the time but have noticed no one else really does. I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of style these days.
The wedding cake... isn't it beautiful?
And the reception hall... she invited 300 people to her wedding dinner and we put all the sashes on the chairs! It looked awesome
Mother of the bride

Dancing the night away...
And welcome to the family Greg!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pics Mindy! These are the first I have seen of the wedding! And no, black nylons are not out of style. White on the other hand....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Bonnie and Greg! Marinda, as the soul of fashion in our family, you need to know that black nylons are so last week--but you look good in everything so it doesn't matter. The dancing photo looks likt it's was taken to the tune of 'Love Shack'--am I right?!
    Pat and Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wondered the same thing about nylons. I wear them a lot due to the pastiness of my legs. It is scary. But I notice that I am the only one it seems like, so I always wonder...

    Glad you got to be home for the wedding. Man, Bonnie was just a little tike last time I saw her. Can't believe she's married. She is a stunning bride. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete