Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy 3rd B-day Emily!

If you haven't been able to tell... we are NUTS about our little Emily
April 29, 2008 was one of the happiest days of my life. My sister and mother-in-law were there for the birth; Ben was in Afghanistan but was able to webcam during the labor and delivery. When she was born my sister exclaimed, "She looks just like Snow White!" Dark hair, beautiful light skin, and ruby red lips. I was immediately smitten.
April 29, 2009 Clarksville, TN
April 29, 2010 Alexandria, VA

April 29, 2011 Warsaw, Poland
We don't know if she totally understands the concept of birthdays... when I went in to get her out of bed on the morning of her b-day she exclaimed, "Happy Birthday! Want some cake?" The poor girl asked for cake about 25 times that day until we finally had some that night.

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, Marinda! We're so looking forward to seeing her, her sister and her parents in a couple weeks! Hope you're having a fun time with your Mom and sister. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, she looks so sweet in that last picture with her little hand curled under her chin. Pure innocence, right? She is so cute. I love it when my kids had birthdays...it's so fun to think back to the day they were born and all the stages they've been through. Happy Birthday to Emily!

    ReplyDelete