Sunday, December 4, 2011

Where's Emily?

I found myself in kind of a strange situation on Friday. I was at a little rocky beach with Emily, Caroline, and my friend's daughter Izzy... we were a bit stranded as her mom ran to the market (literally, the farmer's market). I was a good eight miles or so from home and only had my bike with two seats in the burly for my little ones. So really, we couldn't go anywhere until Izzy's mom came back. To pass the time I asked the girls if they wanted to play a game. Izzy jumped at the offer, "hide-and-go-seek!" So I counted while they hid. Em has never played before. Really. I tried to explain it to her. Following Izzy's cues, she went to hide herself. When I opened my eyes this is what I saw:Closer up:
Awesome hiding place Em. When it was her turn to count, she would hide her face in her arm, count, and then when she was finished she'd just stand there. I'd yell, "Come find us Emily!" She'd saunter over and just look down at me crouched behind a rock, and not say anything. Trying to help her get the idea, "Look Emily! You found me!" She'd just stared back at me, expressionless.


We played for a really long time, because Izzy's mom forgot to look at her watch and lost track of the time. Sometimes Em would hide with Izzy... this was their reaction upon me finding them one time
Another stealthy hiding place of Em's after opening my eyes from counting
And again, the girls' hiding places after I opened my eyes.
I don't think Caroline is really hiding, I think she's just playing in the dirt. After playing several rounds of hide-and-go-seek without Em ever fully grasping it, we played freeze tag. Now, again Em was clueless. When she was "it" she was "it" for a very long time. Too bad I didn't get any shots of that.

5 comments:

  1. These are hilarious Mindy! I'm so glad you got a picture of Em's hiding places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. This will have to be played at the next Shaha get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha! oh man I laughed so hard when I read this. Way to go with the camera- it made it way more funny to have a visual. How do you forget to look at your watch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was confused about what a burly is. I thought it might have been some polish term, he heh e, but then I saw your last picture and got it Thanks for the laughs tonight! Those were great pics.

    ReplyDelete