Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Ben graduates in December and we still don't know FOR CERTAIN where we are going.  We were told Romania, then England, and now Germany.  But we don't have orders yet, so nothing is official.  Yes, the waiting is killing me.  

In the meantime, we do know that we will be leaving this area in just a few short months.  Yesterday morning I had several tedious errands to run, and what would have seemed to be an otherwise mundane Monday morning, was really quite lovely with the two girls.  The sun was out in all its splendor and that cool fresh breeze from the ocean always makes me happy.  Monterey is a small community so traffic is never an issue, it is easy to get from point A to point B.  And the girls were happy to be out of the house.  We stopped at Province Bakery next to the Verizon store where I went to get Ben's phone fixed.  I love that there is a little French population in this area, and thus several yummy French bakeries.  Em is eating a delicious chocolate croissant, and C, in typical fashion, is sticking to her Ritz crackers.  Some day she'll see the light.   We're excited for what's around the corner, but as I sat watching them eat like two little ladies out for lunch, I couldn't help but think how much we'll miss it here. 


And just a few random picture from family night last night.  You can tell which child has the better attention span.  






2 comments:

  1. Hey, Mindy, I have not checked this in a while and found so many charming entries! The girls look great. I always find it reassuring to see that Caroline is bright and healthy in spite of her eating habits. anxious to see you all in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Myrtle!! I love Caroline eating her crackers at the bakery :) Is she crazy?? Your girls are adorably cute.

    ReplyDelete