Monday, January 28, 2013

Grüß Gott!

So our first two weeks in Germany have been less than glamorous.  What's glamorous about living in a hotel on an American base with no car in the dead of winter?  Nothing, that's what.
However, I did get to go to a German immersion class tonight, which was kind of fun. 


Yeah, I took a picture of the table because I thought the teacher would think I was super weird if I snapped a picture of her.  

So, here are a few useful things I learned:

Grüß Gott!  (Greetings from God) I guess this is the regional greeting 
Guten Morgen, Guten Tag, Guten Abend, Gute Nacht
(Good morning, Good day, good evening, good night)
Wie geht es Dir?  (How are you?)
Wie heist Du?  (What is your name?)
Woher kommst Du?  (Where do you come from?)

Yes, very basic, but more German than what I knew before I attended class, which obviously wasn't much


And the German teacher shared these scrumptious little treats with us:
I am quickly becoming a fan of Ritter Sport... it is German chocolate distributed throughout the world that is produced right here in Stuttgart!  


And on the family front, I bought Caroline a princess bowl, plate, and silverware set, hoping it would inspire her to eat.  But so far she only wants to sleep with it.  And Emily is already picking up the German language.  I asked her to do something the other day and she casually told me, "Nein."



No comments:

Post a Comment