Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Family Ties



So, the morning after Christmas, Emily and I got up at the crack of dawn and boarded a plane to Paris where we boarded another plane to Salt Lake City to see this gal get hitched.  Mi hermana.  It had been almost two and a half years since I had seen Mary!  The last time I saw her was when we were at the Pizza Factory in Orem where I gave her a big hug good-bye as she was about to enter the MTC.  
Crazy, eh? 
 So, there was no way I was going to miss this shindig.  But there was also no way I was going to bring the whole family, even though I wanted so badly for everyone to be there.  The expense+winter weather+jet lag+little kids just seemed like a bad combination.  So just Em and I went and left Ben behind in charge of C and J.  Em has proven herself to be a good little traveler, so I was happy to have her as my companion.  


This was like Em's favorite thing at the airport.  She doesn't have much endurance when it comes to strenuous physical activities such as... walking.  So, she was happy to ride on this.  


Back in the land of milk and honey… the gals went and got manicures the day before the big day.


The is my awesome sister's big red van.  She has five kids.  She has no shame when it comes to sportin' this thing around.  So, my younger bro watched all the little nieces and nephews during the ceremony and then brought them all up to meet us at the temple.  What a guy!







Em played with cousins for five days straight.  She was having the time of her life.


My mom's expression is the best one in this.





Just the eight of us


And the four sistas.  I look the youngest, right?




All the grandkids minus C & J :(



My cousin Leanne and me.  And no, I'm not pregnant.  Bad camera angle, I swear.  



 The plane ride home was a little rough… arriving in Germany at 8 a.m. which was midnight in Utah.



But Em did great. 

2 comments:

  1. You got some great pics, Mindles--I might steal a few. And I have a few to send you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. So fun to see pics of your whole family. Looking good! I am perusing your blog (which looks a lot like my parents' life right now. pretty sure they just went to the Christmas market in Nuremberg too.) because we are coming to Frankfurt supposedly end of April/first of May. No plane tickets yet. Will you be around? Chad will only be there for a week or so but I am considering staying longer, because I can. If we met up, what would that look like? Would I rent a car and come to Stuttgart? Could I take a train? Would you want to meet up somewhere else? If nothing else, I would bet a million dollars my parents will take us on a day trip to Rotenburg ob der Taub (because my whole family loves that town) and we could at least meet up there for a day. Email me or call me and maybe I could get some better ideas on what meeting up with you would look like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete