Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lazy Days of Summer



This summer has been quite relaxing.  No moving.  No having babies.  No traveling to the states.   No school.  However, no break for Ben :(  He works and works and works long hours. But it's been nice for me to spend time with the kiddos in a very relaxed environment.

I LOVE all the green space we have here on RB.  RB is da bomb in the summer. 



Here are some very LOW KEY ways we have been spending our time the past couple months:

Water games with the neighbors:


Caroline, cool as ever

The Wilhelma Zoo/Botanical Garden.  Just a couple miles from where we live: 




Face painting over the 4th of July.  And fireworks too:  


Legoland.  A little overhyped in my opinion.  I liked the other two amusement parks we've visited in Germany, Tripsdrill and Traumland much better.  


Lots of park time.  As in cross the street, take ten steps,  and you'll be at the park time.  





James has finally met his match… literally
 Speaking of James, his favorite thing to do in life is walk outside, specifically into the crosswalk.  If I put him in the middle of the playground, he will still find the nearest exit and make a beeline for the crosswalk.  All I do is chase after him. 








Yes, he even sits in the middle of the crosswalk.  Pourquoi pas?


A delightful way to spend your time


The girls riding their scooters down a massive hill here on base:


My nice friend/neighbor teaching them a few tennis skills:  
(Did you know she played on the Wellesley College tennis team?  She's got mad skills.)



Barbecuing with friends and neighbors.  J's first time eating a s'more (huge fan):  



More walking 


Beautiful sunsets from our balcony.  We love to hang out there!


And last but not least, the swimming pool!  The girls are taking lessons.  And James is in paradise.  He loves the water.  Even though he has fallen in the pool twice.  And dramatically rescued by his mother twice.




Living on the edge


 And the pool has a fun little playground with your standard crazy German contraption. 


So, one more month until school starts.  I can't believe how fast this summer has flown.  Sometimes I wish time could just stand still...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, James is a doll! Wish I could meet him:) And I totally know what you mean about making time stand still. Even though these young years are pretty exhausting I can't believe how much I love their darling personalities and just watching them play together is so fulfilling to me. Don't want it to end! Glad your summer is going so well!

    ReplyDelete