Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bonnie and Greg Visit

Yeah, I never quite finished posting about our families visits here.  

This is Bonnie and Greg.  
Aren't they cute?  
They came in June. 


She totally rocked pregnancy.


And since this picture was taken, she has given birth to beautiful teeny-tiny 5 lb. 12 oz. baby girl named June, aka, "June Bug."

Being the amazing sister that I am, I just had to take them to all the coolest places around here.  Besides Switzerland, which I already posted about, Bonnie really wanted to see Strasbourg, my old mission stomping grounds.  Twist my arm, why don't ya?


The problem was that a huge heat wave hit while they were here.  So, it was in the nineties this day.  Hence the ice cream and otter pops and overly sized sunhat. 

Admiring the stain glass in Notre Dame Cathedral




We also went to Neuschwanstein Castle.  Also, an incredibly hot day.  And poor pregnant Bonnie had to hike up the hill in the heat… they have got to get a better system for transporting their visitors up that hill!

Cooling off in the lake

Yeah, I'm hip… I know it!


Caroline had a potty mishap on the side of the road that prevented her from wearing her panties for the rest of the day.  She was constantly mooning people


And we visited Ludwigsburg Palace, just a 15 minute drive away.   I love this place.



And we went walking in the vineyards just outside our base. 
I love the vineyards.


And we also ate in the vineyards.  Can I tell you how nice it is to go out to dinner with another couple and without your children?  
I wish this could happen more often...




The other day while Emily was swinging with Caroline she said, "Mom!  I know what a sister is!  A sister is a friend who always stays with you."  How true it is.  I so wish my sisters lived closer but am so grateful that Bonnie came to visit me.  And now I get to look forward to my sister Rebekah coming in September.  Yippee!











No comments:

Post a Comment