Sunday, November 1, 2015

Happy Halloween from our Neck of the Woods!

It’s been one of the craziest weeks ever! 
 I went on a whirlwind trip to the states to attend a funeral of a relative…emotionally and physically exhausting.  I hope to write about it at some point, when I have the heart to do so.  Hopefully soon while the impressions are still strong.  

In the meantime, I give you fluff!  
Halloween and more of our beautiful fall in Germany. 
 This is our third autum here, but I don’t remember it ever being so beautiful as this year.  Maybe I’m just getting more attached as the realization that we will be leaving in less than a year is sinking in.  I’m feeling more and more at home here. 


This was literally hours after landing back in Germany.  Slightly jet lagged and yes, my costume is lacking… but it was kinda last minute.  The others look great… You can guess the theme, right?  And Caroline went rogue, in case you were wondering.  She didn't want anything to do with our theme… she's her own free spirit!  


Trick or Treating is a lot of fun on RB.  Our building set up a table and we passed out candy, ate chili and cornbread, and just had fun hanging out.  Our ward friends the Baums joined us too.  Good times had by all.  I am sad it is our last Halloween on base.


Today's Sunday stroll through the vineyards.  They were on fire!

Can you believe this is just right outside our front gate?







Fall clean up with the neighbors.  We raked leaves for three hours!  Clover and Caroline had a blast jumping in the piles.


Red and Yellow Park is living up to its name these days: 



Last Saturday we went on an awesome bike ride!  My visiting teachee told me about a route near Aidlingen…  It ended up being about sixteen kilometers, and I am proud of these pedaling fools!  Ben was there too, for some reason I just don't have any pictures to prove it!  











Refueling for the ride back:








1 comment:

  1. That would be Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete