Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Spice of Life

...is my two daughters. Sunday afternoon I was happily enjoying some time to myself while the girls played downstairs. It was suspiciously quiet for some time, and I figured they were up to no good, but I didn't want to bother with it (come what may). So, sure enough, Em started crying and I ran downstairs to be greeted by an overwhelming smell. Em's dress and face were covered in a mustard colored powder. I walked into the kitchen to find this....They had opened up the spice drawer and had a grand ole time unscrewing the lids and individually emptying each bottle of spice including black pepper, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garlic powder, chili powder, parsley, basil, cinnamon... you get the idea. Em had managed to put curry powder in her mouth, hence the unhappiness. C on the other hand was happy as can be with a sprinkling of pepper and basil in her hair. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the girls since I had to rush to their rescue, but here are the remnants of their shenanigans
The jars they managed to empty...
So, only bland cooking for the next two months (when we move)... sorry Ben.

3 comments:

  1. haha! holy cow! that's a lot of spices! I think I'd probably cry too if I got curry powder in my mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself doing the same thing: i realize that the silence in the other room can't be a good sign, but I'm enjoying it too much to care about the consequences. Although I probably wouldn't have been very happy about the spices...those things are spendy. Hey, this is a great excuse to skip out on cooking for the next little while! Man, are you guys really leaving in two months?

    ReplyDelete