Friday, June 24, 2011

Stopping to Smell the Roses



I LOVE summer! Especially here in Warsaw. The past four summers we have spent in the DC area and TN where it has been unbearably hot and humid. I mean, when you can't even go outside or you'll evaporate hot and humid. So far the summer in Warsaw has been very mild with the majority of the days being in the 70s. And I just love this time of year when the days are so long and you can be outside until 9:00.


Ben has been gone the past two weeks (he just came home last night, thank goodness). So, the girls and I went to one of my favorite places in Warsaw, Lazienki Park. There are always people relaxing on the benches and just taking time to pause and soak it all in. With all the vast space in America, I wish we had more public places in the cities to just go and relax. That's one thing I love about Europe.... their many many parks. They take such pride in them and take such good care of them too.

The roses are in their full bloom right now.

And what would a trip to the park be without stopping off for ice cream?
Caroline enjoying her new found freedom... walking!

Once again, I didn't have much subject material to work with... just Em.





No comments:

Post a Comment