Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney


Whitney Houston was the first musical artist I adored. I remember my older sister had records in her desk drawer, and most of the music she played I didn't care for. But she had a Whitney Houston record, and I fell in love with the song, "The Greatest Love of All." I had to be only six or seven, but I have distinct memories of sitting on our bed holding the album cover in hand, staring at her beautiful face (but weird haircut I thought) and listening to that song over and over again.


She was such a beautiful and talented woman, and has a special place in my heart as the artist of the first eighties song I ever loved.

I've always loved the name Whitney and if we ever have another girl would consider naming her that, but I'd have to convince the Major and that might be tough. But, perhaps the reason I've always loved that name is because it is reminiscent of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment