Friday, July 26, 2013

Seven


Last week marked 7 years since Benny Boy and I entered into "marital bliss."  And while it hasn't all been blissful, there isn't anyone else in the whole world with whom I'd rather share the ups and downs of life.

Seven years.  It doesn't sound like that long of a time, does it?  And yet it has been the most eventful years of my life.

Never taking ourselves too seriously

Let's do the numbers:

7 years=



2 combat deployments


3 children


4 funerals (one father, one grandmother, and two grandfathers)


7 moves


3 states, 2 countries, 4 time zones


2 master's degrees

300 (give or take) Saturday mornings with banana pancakes (about the only consistent thing in our seven years together).

Mexico, where Ben and I met.  As you can see, he was a total stud and a lady's man.  All the girls there (including me) had crushes on him

Ben training me in the fine art of firing artillery
Don't ask
On top of the "Eiffel Tower" in Las Vegas where Ben proposed
Time to Say Good-bye... after three weeks of proposing to me, Ben deployed to Iraq for 8 months.



Celebrating at a "biergarten" sans le beer.  Our desserts were a little bigger than we anticipated.
   And here we are seven years later... with a few more wrinkles and a few more pounds, but happier than ever... 

Can't wait to see what the next seven years together bring














3 comments:

  1. Congrats on seven years! Fun to see those pics and hear a little bit about how you guys met. You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could a mom ever wish for a better post from her beloved daughter-in-law? I don't think so! I cried from the first photo! Love you so much and can only hope for lots and lots of more years full of wonderful adventures...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet post Mindy. You are an example to me. I miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete