Monday, November 18, 2013

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

As promised, here's my other pinterest Thanksgiving activity I completed with the girls…  and Ben since he had the day off.  If you can't tell, they're turkeys!!


It's really easy…

1. You take a double stuffed Oreo, stick candy corns in the cream to make the feathers.  
2. Take a miniature Reese's peanut butter cup to use as the head.  Attach it to the Oreo using Nutella as the glue.  
3. Use the Nutella to stick the eyes and nose on.  The eyes are Nerds, the nose is a stub of a candy corn.
4.  Cut a candy orange slice to make the wattle.  I couldn't find any so bought peach rings thinking they would work.  They didn't.  

And voila!  You've got a turkey.  Fun to make, but not exactly fun to eat in my opinion.   





We had company over that night.  For dessert I put out Ben's chocolate chip cookies and our turkey cookies.  This was a true test.  Well, almost everyone opted for the chocolate chip cookies.  Even the little kids.  I mean, the turkeys are cute and fun, but do you really want to EAT one of those?  The only one who really appreciated the unique taste was Ben.  After our company left he was like, "You know what tasted really good tonight?  Those turkeys!  The key is to eat the Nerds with the peanut butter cup."  I know, gross, but to each his own, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment