Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

Benny Boy/Daddy has been gone for the past 10 days.  

Is it a coincidence that I didn't blog in that timeframe?  

No, it is not.  

I don't do well as a single parent.  Granted, it was only ten days.  I have friends and family who have husbands deployed for months at a time.  I have friends and family who really are single parents.  Any time Ben leaves for more than 24 hours, my admiration for these people grows tenfold.  

Ben had a really exciting adventure during his leave of absence. 
The night before he left he showed me his itinerary.  One of the "events" scheduled  was taking a swim in the Dead Sea.  
 He actually came home with a suntan, how fair is that? 


Ben got home just in time to walk Emily and our neighbor Ellie home from kindergarten
`

However, he did miss Emily's AWESOME performance as a pilgrim in her theatrical debut



 The girls were excited to watch him open up Nana's belated birthday presents

Thanks Nana!


And James enjoyed the delectable taste of the card


So glad he's back just in time for Thanksgiving. 
And now I can hear him singing princess songs with the girls as he puts them to bed.  
Thank heaven for dads!
 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That just made my day....to see Ben back home, and to know he got those gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mindy! I don't know how you're keeping it up. You're pretty amazing! Just so you know. I'm keeping up my blog, but I'm not going to be doing it every day anymore. That was just too hard!

    ReplyDelete