Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blessings

Thanksgiving was pretty awesome this year.  We went to Nuremberg and saw WWII sites and enjoyed the opening of their Christmas Market.  I will post about it in the not so distant future.

But FIRST we ate a Thanksgiving feast at the Strongs, our friends from church.  They've been so good to us.
  I made the rolls.  Ben made the sweet potato casserole.


Once again, C totally skipped out on the Thanksgiving feast and opted instead for peanut butter on toast with chocolate chips on top.  She couldn't have been happier.


James was a hit with the kids


And we enjoyed the company of friends from the ward


And we finished our Thankful Tree


It looks kind of jacked up, but whadaya gonna do?

I collected the leaves and here is what everyone wrote down.  Bear in mind some of the blessings mentioned are general and some are what we appreciated specifically that day

Ben:
Reading Arabian Nights with Emily
Got to see the Sea of Galilee
Sunshine
Hot Chocolate
Safe flight
Friends
Family
Read Emily's journal entry to Grandma Fae
PSL (haha, only I will ever know the meaning of this one!)
Beautiful girls at home
Music
Walking Emily to school

Marinda:
Healthy baby
Making craft with Caroline
Benny Boy
Apostles and General Conference
Emily, Caroline, James
Reading my scriptures
Good health
Met someone who speaks French
Walked home on a cold day/memories of mission
Mom and Dad
Great in-laws
Remembering Dad today
P&Q/ My bed (it had been a rough day)
Sisters
Clean clothes (I had done a lot of laundry that day)
friends
feeling the spirit at church

Emily:
A rainbow
Eating dinner
The Cat in the Hat
Daddy coming home
My favorite songs (her iPod playlist)
Helping Mom and Dad make breakfast
Making Jamesy Wamesy laugh
All of the kindergarten kids
Playing with Jamesy Wamesy
Caroline, I like playing with her
Watching Snow White today, but it doesn't work
Lunch
Making James laugh all day
Puzzles I did today
Putting the stickers on the peacock I made
A flower
Making the dinner
I am thankful for making leaves again
Watching the Princess and the Goblin on tv
Having fun with Ellie and doing starfall
Doing piano lesson
kindergarten
Thanksgiving
All of the princesses

Caroline:
Emily
Cat
Pat
James
Grandma and Grandpa
Cat
When Jamesy Wamesy smiles
Nana
preschool
Josie
Cat 
(She didn't quite grasp the concept.  She was just really excited that she can spell and write "cat" now so she wanted to write it almost every night.  Go figure.)





1 comment:

  1. Mindy. I love your post. And Emily's and Caroline's hair looks so cute! I'm still getting used to doing little girl's hair, and I only have to do one little girl!

    You have to take them to see Frozen. It's about two sister princesses, and I cried through half of the movie---thinking of you. Love you! Rebekah

    ReplyDelete