Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Reasons my Daughter is Crying

So, have you seen the website Reasons My Son is Crying?  I've seen it here and there on social media and when ever I look at it I have to laugh because I relate ALL TOO WELL.  People basically post pictures of their kids in the middle of a tantrum and list the ridiculous (but what the child perceives as completely rational) reasons for their meltdown.  So, over the past week I've been keeping a record of C's regular crying fits…  and it made it kind of fun.  Instead of rolling my eyes and being majorly annoyed, I ran and grabbed the camera for some classic pics.  You have to find the humor in this crazy phase of life, or you actually will go crazy. So without further ado, here are the reasons my daughter is crying: 

We're not having Macaroni and Cheese for dinner


I wouldn't let her have Pez for breakfast
I got the baby out of the crib, but she wanted to say "hi" to the baby while he was IN the crib
Emily finished her breakfast before she did.  (And no, it was not a race.)

I accidentally made the side of the bed that she wanted to make


And my personal fave… 

She couldn't find an envelope to mail Nana's letter

That's just what I got within the past few days.  I'm sure there will be more :) 
And I invite you to make your own… it puts an amusing twist on your every day ear splitting, hair pulling, want to go lock myself in the bathroom tantrum.


























7 comments:

  1. I love you for posting this. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! This is the best post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was laughing out loud at these! I am totally going to do this. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I saw that website and it made me laugh and wished I had done the same. I did make a scrapbook spread with "Your badness level is rather high for someone so small-" (Lilo and Stitch) out of all the pictures I took of Joseph and the mischief he got up too. It did make it much more fun to run and get the camera instead of yelling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should try this tactic with my 14yo when he gets mad at the table because his 10yo brother is looking at him too much. "He is TRYING to annoy me!" I'll just take out the camera and record it. Later I will show it to him and maybe he can see how silly he is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahhahaha! that's hilarious. I'm on it. Last night Oakley was crying because I accidentally threw her floss in the garbage and she wanted to do it. I'm afraid it'll set her off even more if I whip the camera out, though. Oh well. How did Caroline react?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Definitely showing this to Deborah---have you showed it to Caroline yet? I'm hoping my blog is going to encourage better behavior with my kids.

    ReplyDelete