Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First Trip to the Dentist

Today I took the girls to their first visit to the dentist.  
I was relieved to find out that their teeth are in pristine condition (unlike their mother's).
Check out Em in the chair.  He had her wear sunglasses because of the overhead light.  


Em was pretty brave and took everything in stride as he was poking around in her mouth.  Whenever she's in an uncomfortable situation and she's trying her best not to cry she just turns into a mute with a deadpan expression.   She goes to her alternate world of letters and Super Why, ice cream and strawberries.  Today was no different.  


Em in her alternate world

C on the other hand, was very aware of her surroundings and screamed bloody murder.  I didn't get a shot of her in the chair since she was laying in my lap.  The doc gave me a list of should and should nots when it comes to eating.  He said they should not snack on things like goldfish, graham crackers, pretzels, and sugary drinks, which pretty much sums up Caroline's daily regiment.  He said stick to cheese, fresh fruits, meats, and nuts.  Which, happily, more or less sums up Em's daily regiment.  At least I'm 1-2.
The dentist was super friendly and good with the kids... I could tell (as you can from this pic) that he really enjoyed his job.


The girls after their examinations.  They're still a little bit shell shocked

3 comments:

  1. I love that the dentist wanted to snap a shot with your family:) Those Californians, too darn nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to many of us can look that cool in a dentist chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. At Brooklyn's last dentist visit we found out she had 3 cavities and one of them turned out that she needed a baby root canal. I sweat I brush her teeth. Unfortunately, I think she ended up with Lances teeth. Dangit!

    ReplyDelete