Tuesday, April 10, 2012

So, remember the robins that hatched on Easter?  If you missed it, it's in the previous post.  Well, I promised an update and here you have it.  Here they are yesterday, at one day old.  Keep in mind, that nest is about big enough to fit a tennis ball in it.  I don't get to see the little ones much because the mama is always sitting on them or near them.  I only catch a glimpse when she goes off to get food.  You can see one egg is left.



Here they are today at two days old:  I can't believe how much they've already grown!  
They are sleeping if you can't tell, all cuddled up together.  I'm not sure where that fourth egg is.  


I accidentally startled them (Ben keeps telling me to leave them alone but I can't help myself) and they immediately stirred and opened their beaks like this:


Soooo precious
And here are a few pics of my own little peeps
 See any similarities?



I love C's faces






We went on a walk for family night 




Picnicking...
 I'm wondering if these photos give any indication of who will be the cool sister...



and who will be the not so cool sister...


Speaking of coolness...  Em was dead set on putting her jacket on by herself (this was in San Diego) and wouldn't let me help at all.  She finally got it on and walked around like she was all that:



Ben and I were dying.


And little Em has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor in our room since we've had company.  This is how we found her the other night.  We put her back to bed and then we had some unusual occurrences in the night... at 3 am she got up and turned the big overhead light on.  I was half out of it and Ben was totally out of it.  We still don't know exactly what she was doing.  I also heard her laughing hysterically in her sleep.  Maybe we have a sleepwalker on our hands.

3 comments:

  1. How cool are those BIRDS!
    I wouldn't be able to leave them alone either.
    It's too AMAZING!
    I LOVE the upside down jacket!...Independence is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my kind of family home evening. The scenery is so pretty and perfect!

    Em cracks me up. She just might set some new trends with those awesome shades and the upside-down jacket. If only we could feel so confident about ourselves as we grow up!

    Thanks for the updates on the birds. Glad they're still alive and kickin'. I showed Savanna and she immediately asked why there was a glowing flower like the one they have on Tangled. So now you not only have baby birds, you have a magical flower too. If you stay young forever, we'll know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post about the birds that hatched on Easter. That is so neat!! I'm WAY jealous of where you live!! What a beautiful FHE walk!!

    ReplyDelete