Wednesday, April 25, 2012

California Dreamin'

Well, since my last entry, the smoke has cleared a bit, and I'm not feeling quite so negative towards Romania as I initially was.  We're slowly warming up to the idea. Truth be told, we think it's a great opportunity.  But, it's funny...  whenever I talk to people about Romania they like to share with me what little they do know about the country.  It's either one of the following: orphanages, stray packs of dogs, gypsies, or Transylvania.  Not culture, art, food, architecture, or all those wonderful things usually associated with Europe.  But, I will say, I'm looking forward to Dracula's castle.   

So my awesome family came out from Utah to visit me about three weeks ago. (I know I'm behind, but I've been in mourning.) My mom, my sister Bonnie, my two brothers Reed and Dennis, and their wives Amber and Ashley all made the trek.  We had a glorious time.  And no, they did not all stay with me.  They stayed at a Hyatt.  

Here's Amber and Bonnie chilling with C and Em at the timeshare. 


Chilling at Lover's Point.  It was a super windy chilly day, so we took refuge behind this rock wall at the beach.

 

Close up: Dennis, Ashley, Bonnie, sportin' their shades.



After the beach, I made everyone go on a walk along the coast. It LOOKS nice, but don't let that fool you.  It was windy and cold!



My adorable mom and adorable sister


Reed and Amber
We went on an amazing bike ride along the famous 17 mile drive (no, we did not go the full 17 miles).


Yes, I am well aware that I am the dorkiest looking person in this photo, but hey, safety first.  


A beautiful ride not to be forgotten!



The Lone Cypress



We went and ate at the Mission Ranch in Carmel (owned by Clint Eastwood)... the beautiful grounds were the best part.  The girls had a blast rolling around in the grass.  


And checking out the sheep



 The last day of their visit we went to Carmel Beach.  It was finally warm with no wind.  


C and Nana catching some z's.  Aint that sweet?


I feel like every picture I have is of my siblings in their sunglasses staring into the camera.  We did play some awesome ultimate frisbee, which was fun as long as we weren't stepping in kelp and dog doodoo.

So, hanging out with my siblings is one of my most favorite things to do in life, and it doesn't get to happen too often, so I'm so grateful they made the effort to come all the way here!  My two brothers and their wives drove 15 hours through the night to get here and with a 6 month old baby to boot!  But, since it's not looking too promising that they'll make it to Romania, I'm glad they were able to make it to CA.    

1 comment:

  1. I know you didn't mean the "I've been in mourning" comment to be funny but I laughed out loud. I would love to try to make it out to see all the orphanages and gross dogs. I mean culture and art.

    ReplyDelete