Sunday, August 19, 2012

Piano Recital and Pillow Talk

Hello, my name is Marinda Shaha and I would like to play for you Mazurka in F Major and Prelude in D Flat Major by Chopin

Yep, I was in a piano recital yesterday.  The first I've been in for almost 15 years.  

Now, this was a big deal for me.  Let's not mention the fact that the average age of the other performers was 7. 
 That's no lie. 
And I was playing Chopin pieces amongst the likes of "Twinkle Twinkle" "Old MacDonald" and "Pumpkin Party."
That's no lie either.  

But, you see, my teacher, Mrs. Chung is totally overqualified.  She has a masters in piano performance and studied for years from the best in Europe.

And now she teaches seven year olds.  She could totally teach college.  But, she's military like me so it's hard to find that niche when you are only somewhere very temporarily. 

A few months ago I started up lessons with her  because I wanted to brush up and I had this "feeling" that I would have some opportunities in Romania, being married to an attache and all.  BUT WE ARE NOT GOING TO ROMANIA ANYMORE!!!

I haven't mentioned it yet because I feel like a dang fool.  They closed the Romania billet and gave Ben a few other choices, among which we chose England.  And then they said, well, sometimes England really means Germany.  We'll let you know.  So, we don't know where we are going yet.  But we most likely won't be doing attache work.  Sigh.  So much for my "feeling" but you never know what's down the road.  

In the meantime I'll play with seven year olds

Mrs. Chung

No piano recital is complete without eating at Baskin Robbins afterwards.  That's the way we rolled growing up anyway.
And now for the pillow talk portion:

Last night as I laid (lay? lied? lain?) next to Ben in bed and was in that dreamy in between state of just falling asleep, Ben whispered, "Marinda?"

"Hmmm?"  I replied, anticipating something sweet (or salty!) from him

"Did you know that the Roosevelt administration had over 300 confirmed Soviet agents in it?"

And that's where his mind is at midnight in bed with me.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! So, now you just wait and wonder again...
    I hope wherever it is you can use your MAD PIANO SKILLS!!
    I'm so proud of you for taking lesson's again!
    WAY TO GO!
    And...Ben needs a HOBBY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that you're taking piano lessons. I could use some lesons myself...my piano playing has gotten so rusty. Maybe someday.

      England/germany, huh? Either of those sound amazing to be. Gotta be honest, Romania didn't seem super appealing. Maybe that just means I am not well traveled.

      Delete
  2. What??? Such a crazy thought!

    What????? I (we vote GERMANY!!!!!) But sad if he won't be doing his job. I am confused. But glad you aren't heading somewhere, where you didn't want to go.

    Can't wait to find out where - and to visit you wherever that may be. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pillow talk. That is awesome :) Good job on your recital :) Cant wait to see you THIS week!!

    ReplyDelete