Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Vay-cay

Summer vay-cay started with a road trip to Utah with the girls and Nana. No, that is not a picture of Nana.  That is my dear friend/ex-missionary companion, Tawny.  

We stopped at beautiful Lake Tahoe for the night and stayed with her and her family. It is always so fun to be with her.  We had a blast together on the mission.


Beautiful Lake Tahoe
The girls on the playground





Driving through Nevada on the long, hot I-80 has to be the worst stretch of road ever!  Of course, the girls didn't fall asleep until we hit Salt Lake, 20 minutes away from our destination



And finally at Nana's house... they couldn't get enough of her trampoline this trip


Our trip included an excursion to the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City where we saw Merry Wives of Windsor and Scapin.


And had car trouble... this nice stranger ended up being my sister's brother-in-law... crazy coincidence



Sisters and mom

Sleeping soundly with her new pink blankie.  I accidentally left hers in Tahoe so I had to do a midnight run to Target.


Playing at the splash pads at Riverwoods

Cousins Deborah, Josie, and Caroline






First haircut by someone besides me

Fun with cousins at the Shaha reunion in Draper

I used to think my mom was so cheesy when she dressed us up in matching clothes... and now I can't help myself

Caroline was VERY intrigued by the horses

And loved sitting on one


Listening to a Beatles cover band at Draper Days.  Em loved it!

Feeling the beat with Natalie, Grandpa, and Dave



No trip is complete without eating at In-n-Out.  Katie, my darling sister-in-law, is happy to be there...and I am too but just not letting on.  Actually, I think I'm peeved in this photo because Caroline drank all my shake.


Caroline was on the trampoline for about 75% of the Shaha reunion

And now switching to the other side of the family... the Blackburn reunion at the cabin in Scofield.  Cousin Rachel and Em... good pals


All the kids watching Pepe le Pieu.  (My mom did a skunk-themed cousin's camp.  Don't ask.)



Making homemade soap with Nana

Yummy French toast breakfast





Uncle Phil helped provide entertainment with the rocket launcher



Our cheerleaders at tennis

 Deborah, Caroline, and Matthew... the swing is always a hit.

 Roasting smores... Em's first smore... she's a fan.

 Greg and Bonnie

 Amber and Reed

So happy to be with cousins

 All the grandkids minus two who were napping

 Saying good-bye before hitting the road back to California
We miss everyone already!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like FUN!
    counting down the days to see you!!....I CAN'T WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete