Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cruisin'!!

So last month the Blackburn clan went on a Carnival Cruise to the Mexican Riviera.  Now don't get us Blackburns wrong, it's not every day we go on a cruise.  My mom wanted to go all out since  we're leaving to Germany for three years.  And like good children, we all obliged.  

Yes, it was a month ago, and I'm just now getting to it.  I'm about to have a nervous breakdown preparing for our overseas move, hence the blog neglect. 

But before I post all the fabulous pics, I have to show you my two favorite ones:
  
Did you know that there happened to be a HURRICANE while we were cruisin'?  Its name was Hurricane Paul and he wreaked havoc on the ship.  As in everyone blowing chunks havoc.  I'm sorry, my husband's vernacular is rubbing off on me in the worst sort of way.  But, yes, many many people got seasick, including me.  I have a new found respect for the seamen, I tell ya what. We were in its path for a full 24 hours.  Our itinerary had to be rerouted.  We were sure it was making headlines back in the States, but when we returned no one had heard anything about it.  Hm.  Weird.  But, I swear it really happened.  

The in-laws fared quite well, but the Blackburns not so much.

And the close-ups:
Is she not GREEN?  So happy to get back at my sis since she's always posting horrendous pics of me

My bro is so awesome
And my other favorite pic:

Oh, the misery!

Judging by these pics you would think we had a horrible time.  But, the contrary was true.  It was loads of fun!

The cousins just loved the pool and wanted to be there the whole time.  Forget Kids Carnival!  


Nothing like salt water in the eyes!


Caroline is 2.5 years old, and her new swimsuit was a 2T.  She drowned in it!  The strap was never on her shoulder the entire time.  

Despite getting lost three times on the ship, we were really glad Cousin Ricky came to pal around with Emily.  Yes, he really got lost three times.  Once during the hurricane.  


I think Davy speaks for everyone... the all-you-can-eat-ice-cream machine was the best feature on the ship

We had some really fun shore excursions.  The following was at Puerto Vallarta.  The semi-sketchy tour guide took us to a water hole/zip line location.  No pics of the zip line, which was a blast, but lots of great pics of the water hole.  

Cousin Neil

Em, Nana, and Cousin Josie
And some awesome action shots: 
Reed 
Ashley

Dennis
Greg

Phil

Me!!!

The only time when C will let someone else hold her

Can you sense Kathryn's enthusiasm?  

And this is the sketch beach our guide took us to... stray dogs and the restaurant couldn't make our food because they ran out of CHEESE!  What Mexican restaurant runs out of cheese?  So instead Em ate peanut butter, hypo-allergic Ricky sat next to Em, and eyes swelling shut ensued.  Had to rush back to ship to get epipen.  All because they ran out of cheese!


Sisters


The next day we found a better beach:

Despite going to the beach pretty regularly for over a year now, C still hasn't warmed up to the sand.  Can't handle getting it on her feet.  

My mom getting suckered by the local vendors



And this part was crazy!  They are all staring at a dead fish that washed up on shore with a live puffer fish stuck in its mouth!  He apparently choked on it.




Yes, that puffer fish was wiggling around in it!!


This local guy tried to get it out.  He eventually just shook it like crazy until the puffer fish got free.  Then he threw it back in the ocean, but it didn't look like it was doing too well.  So my bro went back out and caught it in a bucket of water.  The guy and his daughter were trying to save it.  It was sweet.  

Our second stop was Cabo San Lucas, but because of the itinerary change we only had FOUR hours there.  It was way sad because it was such an awesome, beautiful place.  We had enough time to go snorkeling and swim in the ocean.  So much fun!

DenAsh



Reed's first time snorkeling was a success











 Leaving Cabo.  I swear this wasn't photoshopped!


 And cute miscellaneous pics:



 Cousins on the dance floor

And if you made it this far, Congratulations!!  That is an accomplishment.  And now I'm happy to tell you this post is finally finished!




2 comments:

  1. What a FUN trip!
    Did any of those long haired things from the movie 'Predator' jump out at you while on the Zip line. We went to the same place.
    When we were there it was like a horror movie...They would hide behind trees and jump out at you. My mom took a swing at one of them with her zip line handle!....They learned to steer clear of her!
    Glad you had a BLAST!
    Now on to GERMANY!! Wish I was closer to you and I would take your girls while you PACKED away!
    GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, so there are some incriminating photos of me on this! Ha! Why are my legs so white? Geez! Funny commentary though. Reed's sick photo is the best.

    ReplyDelete