Sunday, November 25, 2012

From the Mouth of Five Year Olds

Today I had the absolute pleasure of teaching the 5 year olds at church.  They're a lot more fun and a lot less pressure than teaching the adult class, that's for sure.

I basically laughed the entire time.  They said the funniest things left and right and I wish I had a recorder because I can't even remember half of the funny things.  But here are some that I do remember:

First they all had to brag to me about how many teeth they have lost.  "I've lost five teeth!!  See?!"  "Well, I've lost 8!!  Look here!"  And so forth and so forth until everyone had shown me their mouths and how many teeth were missing from each one.  Of course, I acted like it was the most exciting thing of all time.

Then I pulled out a world map as part of the lesson.

Me:  "What country do we live in?"
Kids:  "We live in America!!"
Me:  "Have any of you ever visited outside of the United States?"
Kids (all shouting in excitement):  I've been to Colorado!  I've been to North Carolina!"
Me:  Well, those are great places but they are IN the United States.  Has anybody been outside of the United States?
Tommy:  I have!!  I've been outside the United States! (Very proudly)  I've been to Albuquerque!

Me:  What are some of the things that Jesus taught when he was on earth?
Olivia:  To be kind to animals
(I didn't laugh at that one, I thought it was very sweet)

Me:  Who can tell me where Joseph Smith was from?
Hayley:  The Jungle!
Richard:  No, he was from Africa!
Olivia:  No, the jungle!

Me:  (After talking about the first vision):  Does anybody know how old Joseph Smith was when he saw God and Jesus?
Kids all at once:  Five?  Twenty-one.  One?

Me:  How many apostles did Jesus have?
The kids all guessing at once:  Five?  Thirty?  Eight?  Ten?
Lindsey: Eleven?
Me:  Close!  Close to Eleven!
Lindsey:  Two hundred and one!

Tommy:  (Random comment)  I'm afraid of Jesus.  I think he's scary

And they said 101 other funny things, which of course I can't remember.  But I would be perfectly happy to teach their class every week.  We had so much fun!

And of course I can't post an entry without a picture or two

Caroline cuddles in the laundry basket

Like Father Like Daughter.  Two couch potatoes in a pod

And I got these random Disney Princess tents and the girls insist on sleeping in them on their beds.  Like Em's leg?

No comments:

Post a Comment