Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Our friends the Olsons hosted an "Orphan's Thanksgiving" and we were lucky enough to get invited.  In fact, everyone else we knew already had plans... we were the only orphan family with nowhere to go on Thanksgiving.  Oh, and Valdas, Ben's friend from Lithuania, joined us.  I'm glad they invited us.  The alternative was Denny's for us.  No joke. 

 So Ben made the sweet potato casserole (which was absolutely de-lish), I made green bean casserole, stuffing, and pies.  

Unfortunately, I was super lame with the photo taking.  I think I was too busy salivating over the food.  Here are just a few shots I did get:

The kids decorated the pineapple turkey with gummy spice candies.  You can see Caroline is thrilled to have her pic taken


And this is my favorite candid pic I caught of C... it pretty much sums up her relationship with food.  That is her empty plate in front of her.  And no, she did not have a single bite of Thanksgiving dinner.  So sad.
Apparently eating to her is a total drag... or she's trying to avoid putting on those holiday pounds


And a couple pics my friend Keeley took of us.  She's a professional photographer.  That is a handy trade, I tell ya what.  Unfortunately in my lameness I didn't get any pics of their family.  They are so wonderful, from Utah, with four kids.  He is going to be the assistant attache for the Air Force in Moscow.  They already told us we can come visit them while we're in Germany.  That will be an awesome blog post.  

And consider this our family Christmas picture because in all the chaos of our move I am not going to be able to pull of Christmas cards this year!  So, this is as good as it gets!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT family photo, Marinda. Thanks for posting! We are very anxious to see you all in a couple weeks.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete